Mary Robertson, head of Paws for Life, sent this video this morning. Thought I’d share.
Monthly Archives: January 2009
We’ve reached a landmark here at this little blog – 100 posts. Doesn’t seem possible. I really appreciate all you internet friends out there who tune in and send us great comments.
So, what, pray tell, are we sharing today for the 100th time? How about a little Crazy Kyla in the ice?
Being part Siberian Husky, she loves the cold weather and just comes alive in the snow and ice. I wish I had a video recorder, but for now, we’ll settle for stills of her sillyness.
Note her ice-clutching nails. Husky nails are meant to be longer than other breeds so they can grip that ice on the arctic terrain and pull that sled.
Kyla would so pull that sled. She’s a natural.
Here she is chewing on the frozen tennis ball.
And here she darts back and forth in all directions, playing cat and mouse with the tennis ball, before completing her zoom around the yard.
Abby stopped by and became the mascot for all shelter dogs, graciously and excitedly greeting everyone who stopped by.
My mom stopped by and snapped a photo of our table. Mary Robertson, head of Paws for Life holds up a The Rescued book for the camera.
I’ve often seen others posting lists about themselves that not everyone would know about, and I always enjoy reading them.
So I thought I would follow suit and come up with a list of my own.
Here are 15 things you may not know about me:
1. There are two words in the English language that trip me up every time: conscience and conscious. I get them mixed up and I can’t say them. Can’t say them to save my life.
2. I once sang in a mass choir at a convention in Long Beach. The choir had about a thousand singers. The person sitting directly behind me? Dabnus (Vanessa’s fiancé) from The Cosby Show.
3. I’ve taken a high speed ride in a NASCAR racecar at the Texas Motor Speedway. Wore a jumpsuit and everything.
4. I make a mean Fudgy Pudding Cake.
5. I don’t understand why people drive under the speed limit. It really bugs me.
6. Every time I pry open one of those thick plastic packages when I buy something new, I curse the inventor of said packaging and think to myself I should have gone into packaging.
7. I can do a great impression of Cher.
8. I’ve secretly always wanted to be a singer and/or dancer.
9. I’m in my second semester of Veterinary Technician training.
10. Totally addicted to popcorn. Not just any old popcorn. Pop Secret’s Homestyle Snack Size.
11. I typically tear up at the sight of a cute, snuggly pup on TV. Add anything negative in the pup’s circumstances and I’m no good for at least 15 minutes. Any good evidence of ghosts on that Ghost Hunters show does me in, too.
12. I almost never wear jewelry or paint my nails.
13. On April 19, 1995, I was taking a test in class as our blinds got sucked out of the half-open windows then banged back in. It was an effect of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building bombing. We were 20 minutes away.
14. I hear songs in my head practically all day long and sometimes I sing along. It drives me crazy.
15. I despise talking on the phone.
My semi-daily romp in the grass.
It feels so good.
I could lay here all day.
Really. Don’t bug me.
Seriously getting some vitamin D here.
I don’t think Momma minds. She always grins when I romp.
Until she gets that prickly brush thing out and wipes my whole body down with it for, like, 5 minutes.
Grass is sticky.
I love these kinds of promotions – the helping shelters kind.
Pedigree is running a promotion that for every ticket purchased for the new movie, Hotel for Dogs, they will make a donation toward helping shelter dogs.
I’m sure you’ve seen the commercials, but in case not, here’s their Web site.
Friday, it was about 75 degrees.
Yesterday – hovered around a freezing 32 all day.
Today – about 60.
It’s January. It’s Oklahoma.
This little guy has got to be the most popular subject I’ve photographed. Every time I come across his photos it makes me smile.
So I decided to share his photobook that was ordered by his “grandparents.” Enjoy!
First: front and back covers:
I’m usually one of the last to try things, hence the growing slowly comment in my last post. So what’s the latest new thing I’ve delved into?
I have been wanting to create a business page for a while, just haven’t taken the time and didn’t think I HAD the time to keep it updated. But thanks to the talented April Ziegler, I’ve learned that my blog posts will feed directly into the Facebook page.
So, are you a fan of my work? Just want to say hey? Click on over to my page and become a fan, write on the wall, peruse the photos, or write a review (once I figure out why the Reviews box isn’t showing up – grrrr). See you there!